Thursday, March 31, 2011

Organizing your digital life

Another round of digital cleaning that I did today involved deleting my drafts for this blog.

I am the kind of person who organizes my emails into categories such as: work, subscriptions, social networking and others. I filter my emails so that when an email arrives and it fits into a certain category, it will automatically be directed to a specific folder. Work is for emails coming from my boss. Subscriptions would be from the various sign-ups I made such as newsletters and blog feeds. Social networking, well, this is mostly from Facebook and the once-in-a-while Friendster emails.

I find filtering emails very helpful because it really helps me in getting my priorities straight. Well, for one, I don't get to mix Facebook messages from my work-related emails. Also, do you know that you can control which notifications can be sent to your mailbox? I've seen some person's inbox clogged with unopened Facebook messages and I'm amazed at how they are not bothered by it. Inbox says there are a thousand unread emails which are just comments on their Facebook status or photos. Some people don't even bother deleting them. In my own opinion, I believe that it would be helpful if a person would organize his digital life. Free up some stress, make your emails work for you.

Email filters would definitely make your life easier. Just be sure that you know how to use them. Maybe someday I can make a tutorial on how to filter emails. I just hope I can find (or make) the time to do it. In the mean time, you can use the power of the internet to search on how to do it. Good luck and have a nice, organized day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...