Tuesday, September 01, 2009

In memory of Tonton

It was in the neighborhood grapevine that somebody was killed near our place in Talomo. I later on learned that the person who was killed was one of our workers, poor guy. His wake was only for two days, I doubt if my folks were able to visit him before the burial.

Tonton was one of the most promising among his "batch" of construction workers who did our house. After being hired as a construction worker, he was rehired by my parents to do a lot of other heavy chores around the house like tending the lawn, paint jobs, and other stuff. He's just determined to earn a living and would accept any other job to support himself. And he is a very good worker.

Snob as I am, I was not Tonton's friend. I would only talk to him if mom would ask me to, like when it's time for snacks and I would call Tonton to have a break from his work. But I was saddened to hear the news that he was murdered (yes, it was murder). Tonton was a good man, and whoever killed him should answer for such a cruel crime.

Tonton may no longer read this, or may no longer hear me say this, but, I would like to say, THANK YOU. And, as sort of a pledge, when I'm already a lawyer, I promise to handle your case, if your relatives would ask me to. And I'm going to make sure that justice will be served.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for reading this post.

I moderate my comments so please wait before it is approved. There is no point in typing your comment all over again if you don't see it after submitting. (--,)

For anonymous commenters, I'm sorry but I don't approve spam comments. If you want to drop links to your site, we are most willing to accommodate your request for a quote. Send us a message by using our contact form.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...