Tuesday, March 01, 2011

I am Number Four: This is not a movie review

So I watched I Am Number Four, after my best friend's prodding that it's worth watching.

I've become really stingy when it comes to movies, well, since the cinemas charged P90.00. It just used to be around P50.00 and the P75.00 fee in NCCC Mall back then was really worth every penny. When cinema houses started upgrading in Davao, with the latest being in Gaisano Mall's VIP, Xtreme, and Red Carpet Rooms, movie tickets soared to as high as P300.00. But these prices are still low compared to Manila prices.

I felt lucky when my sister Dani gave me a complimentary movie pass for GMall Cinemas. Pleased that I'll be watching a movie for free and that I can de-stress after a very busy and toxic week, I proceeded to GMall's ticket booth to inquire if they will honor my movie pass for I Am Number Four. The ticket lady informed me that yes, they honor movie passes, BUT only for Cinema 2. And UNFORTUNATELY, the movie being played in Cinema 2 is....... SAW!

I don't like gory movies. I'm not prejudging Saw (Ok, I'm prejudging Saw), but I am really not comfortable watching those kinds of movies, specially when I'm alone! I was sad. It was about forty minutes before the next showing of I Am Number Four starts and I decided to just think things over before buying myself a ticket.

So, while strolling over GMall's Atrium where dozens of cellphones and electronic gadgets are on discounted prices (they have this Samsung B7320 as 50% off!), I made the following resolutions: I am not watching Saw. The ticket for the movie I wanna see is P95.00. I could spend P95.00 for a movie, after all, I've gone this far to cancel my Sunday work to relax. I should not be too stingy: I deserve to treat myself sometimes.

And so ten minutes before the movie started, I walked back up to the ticket booth and bought myself a ticket for I Am Number Four. I entered the cinema just on time.

I did enjoy the movie. I was worth it. And it's safe to assume that the movie will have sequels in the future.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...