Thursday, March 03, 2011

A call from my crush

Last Monday, I went to a bank to deliver a Bank Confirmation Statement for a client. I was surprised to see my "crush" there. Yeah, get real, I'm 26, in a relationship, and I still have a crush? Yes. Well, he WAS my crush. This guy worked in a bank and I first saw him when I was much much younger, 10 years ago to be exact.

He was my "ideal" man back then. He wore his office uniform (white long sleeves with tie) effortlessly like he's some drop-dead movie star and I swear, for me, he looks like an angel. He was handsome but not tall. He's not burly, either. He's just like one of those Shia Lebeouf type. I memorized his car's plate number, and his car back then was a white Kia Pride (just like a taxi!). Jeeez! Writing this stuff makes me remember how shallow I was years ago!


Anyway, I've been "separated" from my crush when his former bank closed and then after a while I saw his car (and then I saw him) outside another bank and right then I assumed that maybe he transferred. I didn't pay much attention to him anymore. Anyway, I know presume he's married, says the ring on his finger.

College and post-graduate studies went by without a thought of him, until Monday.

I saw him Monday when I was ushered to the "Bank Officer" and there he was, sitting and entertaining a client. He still looks the same after all these years, minus the stars I saw when I was younger. And today, I got a call from him. Well actually, it was my aunt who called. I sent my aunt to pick up the confirmation on her way to the client. My aunt called and said that somebody wanted to talk to me....

He said his name is Johnny, the bank officer from "The Bank" and I knew that it was him! Funny, it is only today that I've learned of his name. Johnny was apologetic that he wasn't done with the confirmation and that he cannot find it. So, that's the reason for the call. I said I didn't give it to him. I did not give my Bank Confirmation to Johnny, I gave it to another bank officer, a lady bank officer. After I told him that it was another bank officer who received the confirmation, he just said "Ah!" and then laughed. He bade goodbye and that was the end of our conversation.

So, that's my story for today. I received a call from a former crush, and it was fun!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...