Friday, April 29, 2011

Aurelio S. Alvero

I remember reciting the following poem during my Public Speaking class way back in 2005. I was a second year college student then.


Your eyes were closed
Your lips were sweet
And one soft kiss
Meant joy complete

Should I dare touch
Your lips with mine
Could gods refuse
Such tempting wine

If I should dare
You'd angry be
If I should not
How cowardly

And so while thoughts
Went to and fro
I kissed and solved
The matter so.


I forgot the title of this poem but I was sure that it was written by a Filipino poet. I found this poem while reading a poetry book inside the library of Ateneo de Davao University.

This poem was perfect for me. It was actually the sweetest and most romantic poem that I've ever read.

After desperately searching for the poem's author, I finally found him! The author's name is Aurelio S. Alvero. And after digging some more information about Aurelio S. Alvero, I found this very old case (GR No. L-342) in 1946. Alvero was accused of treason. I will read his case soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...