Thursday, June 02, 2011

I bought myself a netbook

I'm writing this blog post using my new Asus Eee Pc Netbook. I got it for P13,440 from PC Gate (KSCI) and I feel good that I have an "alternate computer" aside from my desktop.

It's my first time to own a netbook and what a relief! This unit won't break my back and it would fit in most of my bags. No need to carry a separate laptop bag anymore. I can remember my first laptop which was really heavy and it wasn't even wifi-ready! Hahaha!

This purchase wasn't done on impulse. I know I needed another computer for the office and wanted to buy one since I started occupying my own office space at the second floor. We don't have a functional unit on the first floor and sometimes, we have to bring the client upstairs to do their affidavits. Having a computer at the reception area would surely be a big help in our office. And besides, the first floor should be utilized properly. It's such a waste to devote the first floor purely for reception.

I have a next project in mind but I wouldn't be able to afford it until after I have fully paid my credit card bills. Hahahaha! Thank you Bankard! This purchase was made possible through the joint powers of RCBC Bankard: Mastercard and JCB.

And since I've mentioned JCB, I am a little disappointed. I was supposed to use JCB for this purchase but there was a problem earlier and I always got the "invalid card number" prompt after swiping my card. The customer service wasn't of any help also. I tried to call my bank and ask for help, which they did, but the customer service of JCB won't offer assistance unless I personally call them. I couldn't personally call them that time because I was at the mall and would've wanted that the bank personnel resolve the issues of my card. I instead made a cash advance using the RCBC atm and it was successful. However, making a cash advance costs higher because of the service fee. I used my Mastercard to swipe a portion of the purchase price. Another disappointment since Mastercard charges higher interest rate.

Well anyway, I am happy with my purchase. I think that this Asus Eee PC is worth all the trouble I experienced earlier. And I am so happy that this is very affordable and it has better specifications that the HP mini sold at P16,800 in the same shop. =) Also, I am lucky to have been able to purchase this item 'cause it's the last one in stock. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...