Friday, June 10, 2011

Days with Dee

I have this friend named "Dee".

He was my classmate back in, wait a minute, I can't remember if it was in second year college or in the third year, let's just leave it at that, sometime in college. We weren't really close friends when I first met him, not even in the first couple of years after that. The only memory I have with him during those times was that he was one of Pinkee's crushes, and he was also always being teased about being involved with another classmate, Pearly. Before I turn my blog into a gossip column, let's go fast forward to our review for the CPA Board Exam. He was my seatmate and that's when I discovered that Dee is running on the same wavelength as I. We played the mobile phone game "Snake" during review classes and were on "battle" mode using our phones' infrared device. Bluetooth hasn't been invented yet. Yes, we were on the same wavelength, very much the same that we both flunked the exam the first time we took it and we vividly recall the movie entitled "Shark Tale" that we watched during the exam week. Oh well... Fortunately, in God's perfect time, we both passed the CPA Board Examination.

Career got in our way. Dee moved back to his hometown, moved back to Davao, fell in and out of love in between those times and currently, he's working in Abu Dhabi.

When Dee went to Dubai, I never thought I'd see him again. I have this friend who moved to Cebu in 2006 and I never saw her since then. (Gossip again... Hahaha!)

When Dee had his first vacation, I was glad that he made an effort to go to Davao and meet me. So we had dinner at Dimsum Diner. One of the food he really missed is siomai. Next stop is MTS. We had chillax time at Whistle Top and ordered a small pitcher of Boracay. When it was time to go home, Dee promised we'd see again for lunch the following day.

The next day, Dee and I went to Crepelato for lunch. If I have visitors here in Davao, I would always make sure to bring them to Crepelato. We had a lot of catching up to do and time is ticking fast. As always, my time with Dee is filled with laughter and humor. I miss Dee already! 

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...