Friday, August 19, 2011

Super 8 and Elle Fanning

The movie Super 8 was released two months ago but I have just recently watched it. I did not fully understand the movie toward the end because all along I thought that the alien monster was re-building his ship underneath the earth's surface but it was different in the movie's ending. Watch it so that you can have your evaluation.

What I want to talk about this movie is Elle Fanning, who portrayed the role of Alice in the movie. If you haven't heard much about Elle, then just read his last name: Fanning. Yes! She is the younger sister of one of my favorite actresses, Dakota Fanning. I didn't know yet that Alice was being portrayed by Dakota Fanning's sister but I was very impressed with her! Specially in those parts where Alice practiced a scene for the movie they were making. And that scene where Alice was portraying to be a zombie, it was impeccable!

Now I have a new young actress to watch: Elle Fanning. According to Wikipedia, Elle's first movie was I Am Sam together with her older sister Dakota. But I bet Elle was too young then and her role to trivial to be remembered. Now, Elle is already making her mark and there are three movies currently in production where Elle is in the cast: Twixt, We Bought a Zoo, and Vivaldi. These are the movies that I will watch out for.

Of course, Kyle Chandler was also one of the main characters of Super 8, being the Sheriff and father and one of the lead roles. I practically grew up watching Kyle Chandler in Early Edition when I was young and watching him with this movie makes me smile. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...