Monday, February 20, 2012

First Time Traveler?

Well, it's not exactly the first time that I've traveled. But it's my first time to board the Air Phil Express airline and I was so excited. And most importantly, it's the first time that I've experienced a CANCELLED FLIGHT!

If I were alone, I'm sure I'd be teary eyed and wouldn't know what to do. I'm so lucky that I was traveling with beau so hard situations seem easier to handle. =)

I was disappointed upon learning that our flight was cancelled. Negative thoughts came pouring in: like, what if we were not really meant to go to Coron? What will happen to the promo fare tickets we purchased since 6 months ago? What are we going to do?


Chaos was everywhere when some passengers were demanding explanation from Air Phil Express. We were told to go to the arrival area to get our bags and for further instructions. It was even more chaotic in the  passenger's assistance area because unfortunately, the company did not have a working system to accommodate the irate passengers. For the record, I wasn't among the irate guests. I patiently waited and listened to the Air Phil Express staff for instructions, even though they were somewhat unclear. I just hoped for the best.


Air Phil Express offered us passengers with accommodations at the Palm Plaza Hotel. Not bad since I really wanted to go to Rustan's. Hehehe! So, our hotel and meals were paid by the airline, our airport transfers were also provided. Getting a cancelled flight is not a beautiful situation and it was such an unnecessary stress but I'm still thankful that the compensation we got was decent enough, it was actually really comfortable. I just hope that every airline company should be well prepared with situations like this. And please, separate the complaining passengers from the conformists! Honestly, it was really stressful listening to the irate and complaining passengers and some are even shouting. Arggghhhh! Anyway......

The next morning we again went through all the check-in process at the airport. We used our previously-issued terminal fee tickets from our cancelled flight. When I heard about our confirmed flight, I was excited again. Our flight to Busuanga was smooth and the views during the airport approach were very beautiful!

Below are some of the photos we took at the Busuanga airport. =)

Just alighted from the Air Phil Express 76-seater Q400 turbo propeller plane.

Busuanga, finally!

Stay tuned for more posts related to Coron. =)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...