Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Shockwave Flash has Crashed

Are you familiar with this error prompt:

"The following plug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash"
I've been using Google Chrome for a lot of years now and this is the first time that I've encountered a problem. At first I thought that my laptop has gone geriatric and I was forced to delete old files and uninstall programs to free up some disk space. 

Thanks to Google and this article: http://simon-searchmarketing.com/stop-chrome-crashing-shockwave-flash-plugin-crashed/2012/05/21/, I was able to tweak my browser's plug ins to prevent Shockwave Flash from crashing. It's very simple to do. Here's a step by step process:

  1. Go to Chrome Plugins. Simply type chrome://plugins on your browser.
  2. Find your Shockwave Flash plugin. In my case, it was on top of the list. I had 2 shockwave plugins and according to the article I've read, having more than one Shockwave Flash plugin would cause the crash. 
  3. Don't forget to click Details at the upper right corner of the page for you to see the individual plugins. 
  4. Disable the Pepperflash plugin.
This is how it looks likes after you disable the Pepperflash plugin:
If you have more than 2 Shockwave Flash, remember to disable everything except one.

Notice that my PepperFlash is already out-of-process as indicated above. I'm not sure if I can totally uninstall Pepperflash or if it's feasible but for now, my Chrome is working back again like normal and I'm happy with it.

So, that's how you can prevent your Google Chrome from crashing Shockwave Flash. Hope this helps!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I just found this and tried it, will see if it helps me too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for reading this post.

I moderate my comments so please wait before it is approved. There is no point in typing your comment all over again if you don't see it after submitting. (--,)

For anonymous commenters, I'm sorry but I don't approve spam comments. If you want to drop links to your site, we are most willing to accommodate your request for a quote. Send us a message by using our contact form.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...