Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Spectacles: The Story of My Eyeglasses

I've been wearing eyeglasses for the past 6 years. A lot of people thought that I was wearing them only for fashion, but they're wrong. I remember my very first eyeglasses: I carefully picked a thin, light frame with normal size, just enough for my petite face.


 Me and my spectacular (and spectacle-d) friends from law school.


Okay, so I lost my first pair of eyeglasses during our graduation photoshoot. I tried my best to look for that red pair but I couldn't find it. Thus, I bought my second pair as you can see from the photo below:


Black-rimmed glasses were in a few years before I actually bought a pair for myself. It's actually made popular by somebody from Pinoy Big Brother house, but I forgot his name. I only bought my black-rimmed glasses because the frame was on sale at that time and I was in a hurry to buy glasses to replace the lost one.

My cheap eyeglasses did not last long. I had to replace them again with another pair after only about 3 months of using. Thus, the new pair that you can see below in a photo with beau.


I think that's beau's second pair of eyeglasses. His first pair was rather big, but it seems like he's more comfortable with the bigger lens. Nonetheless, our eyeglasses in the photo above look similar. And as much as I would like to keep that pair  of eyeglasses because they're so comfortable and light, one of the temples broke, and I could not find a replacement for the temples.... So sad...

This led me into buying 2 new pairs of eyeglasses as seen on the following photos. So far, my most favorite is the pink one. I actually recycled the lens of my old pair to be used for the pink frame. I was actually very broke at that time when I purchased the pink frame and it was not my intention to pick pink eyeglasses. It just happened that my lens would fit the pink frame without much cutting. It was almost a perfect fit. I paid P500 for the pink frame and I was happy!


The other pair of eyeglasses that I bought is rimless. I never really liked this pair and I was determined to give it back to where I bought it because I have problems with the right lens but the optometrist insisted that he gave me the correct prescription lenses. This was actually the reason why I eventually bought the pink frame, because I did not like the rimless eyeglasses.


Sayang, 'cause I feel pretty pa naman when I wear the rimless glasses.

Anyway, I lost my fave pink eyeglasses while I was in Cebu City the other year. The eyeglasses I'm wearing now has lenses which cost me a fortune but the frame is gifted to me by an aunt. I don't have photos of my current eyeglasses yet so I'll just save it for another post on another day. (--,)

Have a great day and hope that you'll take care of you 20/20!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...