Thursday, February 14, 2013

How To Put a Facebook Like Box on Your Post

The long wait is over!

Do you want to put the following facebook like boxes on your blogger posts? It's easy to make one, and you don't even have to manually think about the codes.

The facebook box could be one with a stream that will show the page's activities and posts like this one:



Or, to make it more simple, you can omit the stream, just leave the "faces". The faces indicate who among your friends like the page.

And the simplest form of all, just a like box without too much adieu. Plain and simple.



Do you want to put one on your website, blog, or even blog post? Here's how you can do it:


  1. Go here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/reference/plugins/like-box/
  2. Choose the design that you want (with stream, faces, width, and height, etc.)
  3. Click GET CODE.
  4. On the top of the dialog box, click IFRAME.
  5. Copy the code and paste it on your blog post. Remember to paste it while you're on HTML mode (for blogger). You might not see anything when you switch to the COMPOSE mode but the like boxes will appear once you publish it.
  6. Preview your work to see how your blogpost would look like before you hit publish.
  7. Publish your post.
It's that EASY! I guarantee that you will no have any migraine when you follow the instructions written above. 

Happy Valentine's Day!

9 comments:

  1. I was only able to add a facebook like box just recently in my blog since I had to try different plugins. This post is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've actually figured that out on my own thanks to FB's help pages. But writing an article to guide others do the same will be beneficial as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips this will help beginners in blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually dont have a fanpage yet. but I might create one soon, and this will definitely be a good help for my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yup, everything you need can be found in Facebook's developer site... I use this method as well... ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this.
    I have now other options how to put a Facebook likebox.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used this on some of my sites. So easy and no need of following codes that are difficult to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Almost all of the sites I visit have Facebook like box. It just shows how popular Facebook is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This process was actually a bit of a headache for me since I had problems with iframes. Took me a few tries but now I've got a Like box on the right-hand side of my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for reading this post.

I moderate my comments so please wait before it is approved. There is no point in typing your comment all over again if you don't see it after submitting. (--,)

For anonymous commenters, I'm sorry but I don't approve spam comments. If you want to drop links to your site, we are most willing to accommodate your request for a quote. Send us a message by using our contact form.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...