Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The New Samsung Phones | What to do when your dogs eat your phone?

Hachi and King chewed my Samsung GT Duos. It's torn into pieces and could never be revived. It's an old model that I acquired two years ago and although it's still functional, I was already considering of replacing it with a new one. Thankfully, the sim cards remained intact but I'm not really sure if they still work 'cause I haven't tried them on a new phone yet. So, what should I do now that I lost a phone?

The easiest answer would be: buy a new one. The hard question to answer would be: WHAT TO BUY?

Since I lost a Samsung, I think I'll better scout for new Samsung phones available today and that's when I stumbled upon Samsung Galaxy Grand and Samsung S III Mini.

Let's start with Samsung Galaxy Grand:

It's dual sim so it's perfect for someone like me who doesn't want to carry more than one phone. Having 2 sim cards for different networks help me get the most savings because I make sure that I enroll in the networks' promotions on unlimited calls and texts. I want a phone with a good camera because I love taking photos of the food I eat and the places I go to. Samsung Galaxy Grand has two cameras: the front camera is only 2MP but the main camera is 8MP with flash and claims to have zero shutter lag. I think I'm beginning to like this phone as this is different from the most dual sim phones which have really poor camera specs. It runs on Android Jelly Bean and is retailed at P16,990. Available colors are Elegant White and Metallic Blue.

On the other hand, Samsung S III Mini is more affordable at P14,990.

It boasts off its Super-AMOLED 4-inch display that claims crystal clear display even at the brightest environment so that users can enjoy watching movies or browsing the net anytime anywhere. The S III Mini promises powerful performance and function in a phone with a perfect grip. It's really like the mini-version of the S III. The front camera has a VGA resolution and the outer camera is only 5MP but it's already a good one although it is lower compared to the Samsung Galaxy Grand. To compensate, Samsung S III Mini has a LED Flash and weighs only 120g, considerably lighter by 42g than the Galaxy Grand. It also has more colors to choose from: Pebble Blue, Marble White, Garnet Red, Titanium Gray, and La Fleur.

With the foregoing, I'm pretty convinced that the Samsung Galaxy Grand is the phone more suited to my lifestyle and work. I want a single phone for my two sims and I also want to capture photos and the 8MP camera would be best for it. I don't usually browse movies or photos on my phone because I'm more comfortable doing it on a desktop or laptop so Samsung S III Mini could find its use to users who like browsing the internet wherever they may be.

Samsung Galaxy Grand is really the ideal dual SIM premium smartphone that does not compromise quality. I'm now excited to scour our malls and Samsung shops to that I could finally meet the Samsung Galaxy Grand in person!

17 comments:

  1. Bad dogs! LOL! I know they didn't mean to do it. so take it easy on your dogs. :)

    about purchasing a new phone, I recommend Samsung Note II. Just because I'm thinking about purchasing one for myself. :D Seriously, I read some nice reviews about it. That's why the suggestion. Goodluck on the new phone search!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've heard a lot of good reviews about Samsung Note II. My best friend has it. But I have not actually seen the unit yet. I will consider it. =) Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Dogs are dogs. The best thing we can do to take care the things we loved so greatly are to keep them away from our pets. Don't hit the dog friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I didn't hit the dogs. I love them still. =)

      Delete
  3. Your old phone must be so tasty :) I;ve been getting very, very good feedbacks on the new Samsung smartphones (regardless of models/types) from friends who are using them in comparison to other smart phones like iPhones, Sony Experia, etc. They said Samsung is very functional and have so many apps that are free. Aside from that, it's a plug and play gadget unlike iPhone where you need iTunes to install the other apps.

    I think your choice is great. Good luck on the new phone and better keep it out of the little doggies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to keep them out of our dogs' reach. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Awww! So sad to hear what happened to your phone Sweet but I guess they just want to give you reason to upgrade your phone.

    Try checking out the postpaid plans from all the networks para mas makatipid :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ouchie, naughty dogs lol. I love my Samsung Galaxy..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm, very playful dogs, they must have thought they are bones to munch :) good luck on your phone search, whatever you decide, hope it is the one that suits best your needs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dogs nowadays don't stop at eating our homeworks, they have gone techie too! Haha! I vote for the S3 Mini! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buy your dogs a brand new mobile phone. Just kidding. If I were you, Iwill settle for lll Mini mas mura

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh smiling here because I remember our Whornie chewing my old Nokia phone :) I would definitely would want a dual sim phone like Samsung Galaxy Grand! I love having a phone that could capture photos too since I am an image addict hehe, and one I could use to browse the net while on the go...thanks for this idea...hmmmm shall I let our dogs chew my BB so I will have one great excuse to buy a new one? hehehe..blessed weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very clever idea...finding the right phone for you is what you should do. go what your heart desires...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww! playful dogs :-) make sure you have enough chewable toys for your dog to avoid chewing your stuff :-) I only have a simple Nokia cell phone and do not know much about other models like Samsung :-) I hope that you find the perfect mobile for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh, that's sad...at least you can still have the sim, hope still works! anyway, i have no much info about phones specs, kasi i am still using an old nokia phone...*poor me* hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The dogs are being playful. hehe. By the way, I'm eyeing on that two smartphones from Samsung. They're pretty functional and useful for mobile phones. All I need in my work when I'm away can be done there. I'm currently using Samsung Galaxy Mini which has been with me around 2 years now.. I have to think which one I should get too.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for reading this post.

I moderate my comments so please wait before it is approved. There is no point in typing your comment all over again if you don't see it after submitting. (--,)

For anonymous commenters, I'm sorry but I don't approve spam comments. If you want to drop links to your site, we are most willing to accommodate your request for a quote. Send us a message by using our contact form.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...