Thursday, March 07, 2013

Sun, Globe, and Smart

I have recently changed my number, thanks to the untimely demise of my sim card. But, it is also a blessing in disguise because it's the best time to change your number when the mobile networks are currently holding promos: I'm talking about Sun Cellular's Name Ur Number Sim and Globe Prepaid's Exclusive Davao Choose Your Number Sim.

For my new numbers, I want the last five digits to be my roll number. It was easier to register with Sun Cellular because the network allows you to define the last six digits of your number, depending on its availability. For Globe Prepaid, they would only allow you four digits.

I was lucky that the exact number that I want is still available for Sun Cellular. But for Globe Prepaid, the number that I want is not available, but I did get another number which is more or less similar to the number that I want.

And just to show you that I am not biased with any of the Philippines' large network, I also own a Smart Prepaid number which has been with me for around 5 years now.

What I like with Sun Cellular?
Sun Cellular is the cheapest among the big networks. I like the Text Unlimited 200 (send TU200 to 247 to register). It has unlimited text to the Sun network, 4 hours of Sun to Sun calls, and 500 texts to other networks. I don't usually consume the 4 hours of Sun Cellular talktime nor consume all the 500 texts to all networks. Also, if I buy a P200 regular prepaid card, I get some free text messages. It's better to buy the regular prepaid card and convert your load to any of their promo packages to avail of the free texts.

What is Globe's edge in the market?
For Globe Prepaid, I find that it has very affordable Blackberry package at P599 per month.  I really think that Globe is the best partner for my BB.

How about Smart Prepaid?
I've had my Smart number for a lot of years now. I'm keeping my Smart sim because of their Mindanao promo where a minute of call to another Smart subscriber would only cost you P1.00. It's very affordable to call other people. Although this promo would only allow you calls up to 5 minutes, it is still very convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for reading this post.

I moderate my comments so please wait before it is approved. There is no point in typing your comment all over again if you don't see it after submitting. (--,)

For anonymous commenters, I'm sorry but I don't approve spam comments. If you want to drop links to your site, we are most willing to accommodate your request for a quote. Send us a message by using our contact form.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...