Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm raving about SM City Davao these past few days/posts

Ok, so I've decided to make a little effort in making this world a better place. But wait, if you think that I am biased about SM City Davao, I'm not.

SM's Trash to Cash is scheduled this coming August 5 and 6, 2011. I've already started collecting recyclable materials for this event. And guess what??? Most of these recyclable materials are from my beauty kit (or cabinet???). I've cleaned up my closet of those beauty products sitting on my closet for so long. I've cleaned my "death table". Do you  know what death table is? It's just a table - one where you put some things to "die". I've noticed that I've hoarded different types of beauty products which were not used for quite some time (some have already been past their expiration dates) and I was just shocked why in the world am I still keeping these trash??? Let me give you an example: I still have a small bottle of Suave (about 85% full) which expired last year.

So, off I went around the house and checked every plastic bottle of moisturizer, shampoo, and what-have-you's and I was able to collect several "throwable" items. I emptied those bottles and set it aside and I'm gonna bring those to SM Parking C this coming August 6.

SM is not the only mall that's taking its part in caring for our environment. NCCC Davao has also established their Buy Back Fair and in fact, their scope is wider than that of SM because NCCC has a lot of branches Davao wide. They have branches in Panacan and Matina (Centerpoint) and these branches have also been very active in helping with waste segregation. You can read the story here.

For more information on these, please visit:
SM City Davao Blog
NCCC Cares FB Page

6/22/11 Update
I passed by NCCC Mall today and I saw their Buy Back Fair announcement which is scheduled on July 30, 2011. It's earlier than SM's schedule so I might as well check it if I'm not busy on the 30th.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...