Wednesday, July 06, 2011

New Modem

Yey! Our office internet connection is back (and kicking!)!!!

We've been bogged down for several days already because of our intermittent internet connection. Until this morning, there was ZERO internet access. I thought that it was just all because of the dreadful weather these past few days but I have a feeling it's really something else so I  dialed PLDT's 171 for technical assistance.

A CSR named Rowena got my call and she patiently gave the instructions to reset the modem, etc. When all of her troubleshooting proved futile, she said that she will make a report to have our modem remote tested. I don't know how remote testing works but Rowena told me to just turn on the computer and the modem, which I did. When it's already 2:00 P. M. and there was still no internet access, I again called 171 to follow up. A male CSR received my call and informed me that there is indeed an ongoing remote test for our connection. He said that he will make a report to rush it.

Around 2:30 P. M., I received a call from PLDT Davao technical team. He said he was Arnold and he's asking for directions to our office. I gladly gave him our address and he said that he'll be coming in around 45 minutes.

And so he did! Arnold did a few troubleshooting and then finally replaced the modem. Now, our internet connection is back! Yey!

Thank you, PLDT!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...