Sunday, January 15, 2012

ADF: Auto Document Feeder

Whoever invented the automatic document feeder for printers is a real genius!

KM-2820. Photo from the Kyoceramita website

I've been working in an office since my college days and one of the things that I do is to photocopy documents. That was around 8+ years ago. The Jurassic phase of photocopying (which still applies today so it's not really too jurassic)  involves individually scanning the document and flipping the photocopier's cover for each page before hitting the start button. If you have a hundred pages to photocopy, you'll be flipping one hundred times! Can you imagine that? Well, I never really complained about it before...

But welcome to the age of automatic document feeder, and automatic back-to-back printing!

Innovative machines have been in the market since I don't know when but I have just recently acquired a new printer/photocopier/scanner/fax machine that I have underestimated and belatedly appreciated. Got this machine for my law office around August last year and my photocopying life has never been the same! Hahaha!

I have never truly appreciated this KM-2820 before but yesterday I was about to do some double-sided printing and photocopying. I only had 12 back-to-back pages to do and it wouldn't be much of a hassle but I was itching to get out of the office since it's a Saturday. So, I used all the machine's function, and with a few clicks of my mouse, I got a clean back-to-back copy of my file in less than 3 minutes. If you need to photocopy some double-sided documents, it's very easy to just place the document in the Automatic Document Feeder, choose the right settings, click Start, and your document will be ready in no time without the countless flipping. I LOVE MY KM-2820!!!! And it's a plus that the sales representative who introduced this machine to us is my lola's long-time friend.

What printer do you use?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...