Sunday, January 06, 2013

How to make your own SALABAT

Salabat is simply ginger tea. I like making my own salabat from freshly boiled ginger. Sure, there are a lot of powder salabat available in groceries and they taste better, too, because of the added muscuvado. But boiling your own ginger tea is cheaper and nothing beats the taste of fresh tea.


You only need a thumb-sized ginger, two cups of water, and a pan. Peel the ginger and mince it using a knife. Put it in a pan with the water. You can use lesser than 2 cups of water to adjust the taste of your salabat.

Tip: It's easier to peel the ginger using a spoon.


Boil your salabat for 10 minutes then set it aside for a while to cool. Strain the salabat before pouring it into a cup. It's now time to enjoy your homemade hot salabat.


Salabat is a great way to warm you up in cold days (or nights). It's also good for those who have cough, colds, or flu. Also, I started boiling my own salabat when I learned that it is a good alternative medicine for hormonal imbalance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for reading this post.

I moderate my comments so please wait before it is approved. There is no point in typing your comment all over again if you don't see it after submitting. (--,)

For anonymous commenters, I'm sorry but I don't approve spam comments. If you want to drop links to your site, we are most willing to accommodate your request for a quote. Send us a message by using our contact form.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...